Meet the Bagels

So this is my blog. Formerly known as foodieroll where I wrote honest, sensitive, restaurant reviews for the people of Toronto. I've evolved, got married. I also spend less money now (because eating out was expensive). So, let me reintroduce myself and Meet the Bagels

Why Bagels? It came, when I was trying to think of a wedding hashtag. My now-husband has a Dutch last name, and my Chinese family are not familiar with the harsh r and k sounds, leading them to call my new last name "Bagel". I thought that was adorable and created the hashtag #meetthebagels.

Blogging has been on my mind for years since I left it in 2012 (when the blogging world really took off - dang) But with a number of life changes, it was difficult to keep up or even get a sense of what I would want to write about. Now married, settling in to a job I don't foresee many changes to, I wanted to get back into the habit of writing, communicating, and sharing.

So what will this blog be about? Life. About how I am a millenial, married, owning a home in Toronto, trying to live "the good life" and yet be wallet-sensitive. I think Instagram has put up a few unrealistic goals for my kind of people (or maybe not, and I'm just struggling myself). But I'd like to journal my process of living a Insta-worthy life on with a budget.

Comments

This page has been viewed by:

people